The COLLEGIO UNIVERSITARIO DEI CAVALIERI DEL LAVORO “LAMARO POZZANI” is offering up to 3 (three) places for the academic year 2023/2024 to overseas students who are enrolled in the first year of PhD at universities located in Rome, or to PhD students/young researchers who are visiting a Rome university for between 3 and 12 months.
Successful applicants will be required to be resident in the College, where they will be given free board and lodging as well as access to all the college facilities including sports facilities, computer room and leisure areas, subject to the conditions set out in the college regulations. Admitted doctoral students can participate in cultural activities and language courses organized by the College, as well as evening meetings with personalities from the world of institutions, culture and the Cavalieri del Lavoro.
Successful candidates will be required to hold one or two seminars a month in English on topics relating to their field of study for undergraduate and masters’ students living in the College.
The following are eligible to apply:
– Applicants must not be Italian citizens and, for the year 2023/2024, must be enrolled in the first year of a doctoral program at a university located in Rome,
– Applications are also accepted from doctoral students/young researchers who have been accepted as visiting students (for a period of between three and 12 months) at a university based in Rome
– Candidates must be under 35 years of age at the closing date for applications
– Candidates are responsible (with or without the help of the university at which they are studying) for obtaining all necessary residence permits, visas, etc.
– Candidates must have an adequate knowledge of English. This may be ascertained by means of an online interview with the selecting committee.
Applications will be assessed by a committee set up by the Federazione Nazionale dei Cavalieri del Lavoro (National Federation of Holders of the Order of Merit for Labor).
Once the ranking list is drawn up, up to six (6) additional positions are offered to as many doctoral students who will be required to pay expenses in the maximum amount of € 300 per month. A charge of 10 euros will be added to this sum for each meal taken at the College canteen. There are no kitchens or cooking rooms in the accommodation offered, and cooking is forbidden for safety reasons.
Applications should be sent to the following email address [email protected] by September 30 2023, and should include the following documents:
Completed application form
Academic résumé (maximum 5 pages)
It is possible, but not obligatory, to send in addition a maximum of two letters of recommendation. These should be sent by referees directly to the email address [email protected]
Admitted students will be contacted by email on October 10 2023, and can start living in the Collegio starting from November 1 2023 (However, it will be considered that some students may start the academic year on different dates).
Students will be allowed to stay in the college until the end of October 2024 at the latest. Further periods of stay must be authorized by the Direction of the College.
N.B. The College is closed during the Christmas vacations (approximately December 22 to January 6) and in August. During these periods, students admitted to the College must make their own accommodation arrangements.